Thursday, July 22, 2010

Santiago de Compostela

After more than 700km, I arrived in Santiago de Compostela on the morning of July 22nd (my birthday). This year is the Año Jacobeo and so it is a special year. It really is hard to put in words what it is like to arrive in Santiago as a true pilgrim. I have many thoughts and feelings, but for some reason I am still internalizing them. I may at some point try to put into words what it is like, but for now, all I can say is... Life is good when you have a goal, work to do, time to rest, people to meet, and time to think. It is when we don't stop and enjoy life that we become stressed, sick and tired. I also learned that there is a good kind of tired; the kind of tired you feel at the end of the day when you can look back and see that you have accomplished something. It makes you smile and gives you the confidence that you can move forward again tomorrow and slowly but surely get closer and closer to your ultimate goal which in my case was arriving in Santiago on my birthday. Buen Camino!


Santiago de Compostela


Santiago de Compostela

No comments: