Saturday, July 4, 2009

Limerick and Adare Ireland

I stayed in a quaint little hotel called the Railroad Hotel in Limerick Ireland. It is just across the street from the train and bus station and therefore very convenient for the traveler without a car. As I walk along the river I saw many mute swans and enjoyed the peaceful waterfront on my way to the castle (King John’s Castle). The castle was closed so I visited a couple antique shops. I found one to my liking (the owner had a wonderful accent) and bought a pair of Victorian tea cups and saucers for my mom. I think they are simply beautiful and charming… now I just have to figure out how to get them home. :)

I did a little day trip to Adare which is said to be the most charming village in Ireland. Honestly, it is really quite charming. I went on the castle tour and our group was only me, the tour guide and a lady from Missouri. It was awesome to have such a small group. The guide was awesome and knew so much and had a wonderfully Irish accent. The highlights of Adare were: The thatch roofed cottages, the city park, and the castle. I would highly recommend Adare to anyone looking for a nice morning or afternoon.

Adare is self proclaimed as "Ireland's Prettiest Village"

Castle in Adare Ireland

Riverwalk over looking the river Shannon and King John's Castle

Mute Swan and John's Castle - Limerick Ireland

No comments: