Friday, August 24, 2007

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Well, after a wonderfully long and enjoyable summer of traveling I'm finally home. I have to admit that as much as I love to travel and see the world I also love being home. There is something nice about returning home after a long time away. You notice things about the place you call home that you wouldn't notice if you had never left. Your home town or home state may not be a major travel destination and yet it is special and unique. I remembers me of what John Payne once said:

"Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like home."
John Howard Payne (1791-1852)

And as cheesy and cliche as that may sound there is a lot of truth behind it. At times, there is no better place on earth then your own place. Upon my returning to Utah, I can pin point the exact moment I felt like I was back home. It was nice. It brought a little tear of joy to my eye and made me smile and heave a sigh of contented relief. :)

"Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent,
in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

The mountains behind my house... beautiful backdrop for a beautiful city.

The Great Salt Lake

No comments: