Sunday, June 27, 2010

El Camino de Santiago

El Camino de Santiago

I have wanted to do the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela for a very long time. I am finally a pilgrim and will arrive in Santiago after walking about 700 kilometers and 3.5 weeks of walking. Also, being true to my goal of spending my birthday in interesting places, I will arrive on the 22nd of July. The Camino (path, trail, way, etc) is well marked with yellow arrow and signs. I have already walked some of the Camino and have enjoyed it (even with the blisters and sore shoulders). There is something strangely satisfying about waking up early, having a goal in mind, working hard to get to the destination, giving your body what it needs and then seeing the results as you slowly but surely get closer to your final destination.

El Camino de Santiago

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this picture and the commentary with it. What an incredible thing to set out on this journey. The physical journey I'm sure was incredible by itself but I'm sure the mental & emotional journey that accompanied the physical aspect was indescribable. How cool.