Friday, October 10, 2008

Seattle, Washington

Fall Break 2008 - This year for Fall Break I decided to head to the Northwest and visit my sister and her family in Port Angeles, WA. I flew into Seattle where I met up with them at the Seattle Public Library. As many of you may know, I like libraries and Seattle has a pretty cool one (see last picture and one on the right). After seeing some of the city, we went to the Woodland Park Zoo. We had a great time there. I have two really adorable nephews that make going to the zoo a very enjoyable experience.

We were lucky to have great weather in Seattle. The evening pictures turned out great. I’m including pictures mainly from Pier 52; that’s where we got the ferry to Bainbridge. The first picture is of the Seattle skyline at night. The next is of the ferry with the sunset which is followed by more sunset. :) The last two were taken during the day. The waterfall is just outside the REI and was very well done; it felt extremely natural. The library was being cleaned. Can you see the guy washing the windows?

Seattle at night

The Bainbridge Ferry

Sunset from Peir 52

Waterfall near the REI and Space Needle

Seattle Public Library - Washington

No comments: