Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break

For Spring Break 2008, I was back in San Diego. I spoke at the World Languages Workshop hosted by Houghton Mifflin. It was an enjoyable experience and they put me up in a nice hotel downtown. After the workshop I spent a few days with my sister and her family. Two highlights of the trip were the visit to the Star of India and the walk in the Torrey Pines State Reserve.

The Star of India is a very cool old ship from the 19th century. I loved exploring it and see all the cabins, ropes and sails. One thing that interested me about the ship is that it was built in the Isle of Man. My family originates from the Isle of Man and so it was fun to be on a ship that was built there (even if my family was already in the USA when it was built).



The Torrey Pines State Reserve is right on the coast and not only is home to the rare Torrey Pines, but also many other plants and animals. Many of the Spring wild flowers were in bloom and were very enchanting and from the cliffs we saw dolphins riding the waves. It was very cool.

1 comment:

bookworm said...

i love the last shot of the cliff and the ocean. i'm a litte jealous you get to travel so much.