Monday, June 9, 2008

Avilés

Avilés is very close to Oviedo. The old part of town is a fun place to spend an afternoon exploring. There are several old churches and some great old houses and palaces. Unfortunately when I went most of the churches were closed. None the less, I was able to get a few good pictures. The first is the detailed arch over the main entrance to a church. The next is a column from the Jardín Francés which used to be the backyard of a countess back has since become a public park. Then there is a great little house with flowers in the windows. The final picture I think captures Avilés: the black and red stone sidewalks, the well maintained next to the not-so-much, and the gentleman who has most likely lived here all his life. I actually really like #6… I think it is charming. :)

Avilés

Avilés

Avilés

No comments: